PanelxPanel #67 - Comics We Loved: 2022
PanelxPanel is the Eisner Award-winning digital magazine celebrating the medium of comics. It’s edited by Tiffany Babb and Strip Panel Naked host Hassan Otsmane-Elhaou, and features a rotating set of critics, fans, and professionals.
This issue is our Comics We Loved in 2022 Year in Review issue, featuring essays on some of our favourite comics and themes from the past 12 months.
A true celebration of the medium with every issue, looking at all the elements that make comics an interesting art form and a great place to tell visual stories. This is a magazine that cares about comics.
Some of this issue's contents:
- Our big list of great comics to catch-up on from 2022.
- Miracelman's tumultuous history and return
- The role of IP, and comics that broke it down
- An interview with Kieron Gillen on A.X.E.: Judgment Day
- When Tex Willer and Zagor finally met in Bandera
- 2000AD's Lawless as a shining example of the Western
- An interview with Hannah Rose May and Justin Mason on 2022's Rogues' Gallery
- Revisiting Mariko Tamaki and Dan Mora's Detective Comics
- How 2022 might have been the year of loneliness, with Ducks and It's Lonely at the Centre of the Earth
- Final Thoughts on Yugo Limbo's Be Kind, My Neighbor
- A short comic by Marc Jackson