PanelxPanel is the Eisner Award-winning digital magazine celebrating the medium of comics. It’s edited by Strip Panel Naked host Hass Otsmane-Elhaou, and features a rotating set of critics, fans, and professionals.
Each issue has two halves across its 100+ ad-free pages. The first, a focus on a particular comic and featuring a series of essays, interviews, and process pieces all focused around that comic. The 47th issue features G. Willow Wilson, Christian Ward and Sal Cipriano's Invisible Kingdom.
The second half features a mix of regular articles, interviews, craft essays, a comic, and a series of comic recommendations from a range of comic-related voices.
This is a true celebration of the medium with every issue, looking at all the elements that make comics an interesting art form and a great place to tell visual stories. This is a magazine that cares about comics.
Some of the Invisible Kingdom features:
- A big interview about creating the series
- An exclusive Strip Panel Naked article on visual storytelling
- Further essays on love in space, theology and science fiction, comic layouts and rap lyricism, capitalism and dogma, and more.
For the regular features:
- A short comic.
- Final Thoughts Junji Ito's Hellstar Remina.
- For Solo, a guest essay on the narrative balance in single issues vs. graphic novels.
- In Craft Corner, Ram V, Filipe Andrade and the ream from The Many Deaths of Laila Starr break down their process.
- In Big Talk, Ryan K. Lindsay and Sami Kivela interview each other about Everfrost.
Available May 28th.
- Size144 MB
- Length117 pages