PanelxPanel is the Eisner Award-winning digital magazine celebrating the medium of comics. It’s edited by Strip Panel Naked host Hass Otsmane-Elhaou, and features a rotating set of critics, fans, and professionals.
Each issue has two halves across its 100+ ad-free pages. The first, a focus on a particular comic and featuring a series of essays, interviews, process pieces and an exclusive Strip Panel Naked column all focused around that comic. The 46th issue features Laura Samnee, Chris Samnee, Matt Wilson, and Crank!'s new series: Jonna and the Unpossible Monsters.
The second half features a mix of regular articles, interviews, craft essays and a short comic!
This is a true celebration of the medium with every issue, looking at all the elements that make comics an interesting art form and great place to tell visual stories. This is a magazine that cares about comics.
Some of the Jonna features:
- A big interview with Chris Samnee on his work
- An exclusive Strip Panel Naked article on visual storytelling
- Further essays on the A-to-Z of mid-grade/YA comics, the value of the solo adventure, kids and monsters and more.
For the regular features:
- A short comic.
- In Craft Corner, Steven Christie breaks down his approach to his new graphic novel, Turtlenecks.
- Final Thoughts on Friendo, by Christa Harader.
- For Solo, a guest essay on Love & Rockets by Sara Century.
- In Big Talk, Jim McDermott talks to James Tynion IV, Steve Foxe, Alex de Campi and Ryan K Lindsay about breaking out of traditional publishing modes.
Available April 28th.
- Size120 MB
- Length109 pages