is the Eisner Award-winning digital magazine celebrating the medium of comics. It’s edited by Strip Panel Naked host Hass Otsmane-Elhaou, and features a rotating set of critics, fans, and professionals.
Each issue has two halves across its 100+ ad-free pages. The first, a focus on a particular comic and featuring a series of essays, interviews, process pieces and an exclusive column all focused around that comic. The 46th issue features Laura Samnee, Chris Samnee, Matt Wilson, and Crank!'s new series:
The second half features a mix of regular articles, interviews, craft essays and a short comic!
This is a true celebration of the medium with every issue, looking at all the elements that make comics an interesting art form and great place to tell visual stories. This is a magazine that cares about comics.
Some of the features:
- A big interview with Chris Samnee on his work
- An exclusive article on visual storytelling
- Further essays on the A-to-Z of mid-grade/YA comics, the value of the solo adventure, kids and monsters and more.
For the regular features:
- A short comic.
- In Craft Corner, Steven Christie breaks down his approach to his new graphic novel,
- Final Thoughts on by Christa Harader.
- For Solo, a guest essay on by Sara Century.
- In Big Talk, Jim McDermott talks to James Tynion IV, Steve Foxe, Alex de Campi and Ryan K Lindsay about breaking out of traditional publishing modes.
Available April 28th.