PanelxPanel is the Eisner Award-winning digital magazine celebrating the medium of comics. It’s edited by Strip Panel Naked host Hass Otsmane-Elhaou, and features a rotating set of writers ranging from critics to professionals, fans and comic stores.
Each issue has two halves across its 100+ ad-free pages. The first, a focus on a particular comic and featuring a series of essays, interviews, process pieces and an exclusive Strip Panel Naked column all focused around that comic. The 45th issue features James Harren's brand new series, Ultramega.
The second half features a mix of regular articles, interviews, craft essays, a comic, and a series of comic recommendations from a range of comic-related voices.
This is a true celebration of the medium with every issue, looking at all the elements that make comics an interesting art form and great place to tell visual stories. This is a magazine that cares about comics.
Some of the Ultramega features:
- A big interview with James Harren on his work
- An exclusive Strip Panel Naked article on visual storytelling
- Further essays on the rise of manga-influences on modern comic artists, Tohl Narita's influence on kaiju design, how our own society changed to a harsher one mirroring what we see in Ultramega, and more.
For the regular features:
- A short comic.
- Final Thoughts on Ms. Marvel.
- For Solo, a guest essay by David Padovani and Simone Rastelli on HoXPoX.
- An interview with Daniel Jose Older, by Greg Silber.
- Nima Afshar in Craft Corner, on his new glow in the dark comic.
Available March 31st.