PanelxPanel #39 - Judge Dredd: America
PanelxPanel is the Eisner Award-winning digital magazine celebrating the medium of comics. It’s edited by Strip Panel Naked host Hassan Otsmane-Elhaou, and features a rotating set of writers ranging from critics to professionals, fans and comic stores.
Each issue has two halves across its ad-free pages. The first, a focus on a particular comic or concept, with a series of essays, interviews, process pieces and an exclusive Strip Panel Naked column all focused around that comic.
The 39th issue's focus is all about Judge Dredd, and the classic America story by John Wagner and Colin MacNeil.
The second half features regular articles, interviews, craft essays, a comic, and a series of comic recommendations from a range of comic-related voices.
This is a true celebration of the medium with every issue, looking at all the elements that make comics an interesting art form and great place to tell visual stories. This is a magazine that cares about comics.
Some of the Dredd features:
- A discussion with various Dredd writers on the impact of America
- An exclusive Strip Panel Naked article on visual storytelling
- Additional essays and articles on dystopian storytelling, the passage of time in Mega City One, and much more.
For the regular features:
- A short comic
- Final Thoughts on Grafity's Wall
- For Solo, a look at Rebellion's girls comics
- An interview with Alex Paknadel, Thomas Nachlik and Ariana Maher.
And a guest gives us their take on My Top Five comics!
Available September 30th.