is the Eisner Award-winning digital magazine celebrating the medium of comics. It’s edited by Strip Panel Naked host Hass Otsmane-Elhaou, and features a rotating set of writers ranging from critics to professionals, fans and comic stores.
Each issue has two halves across its 100+ ad-free pages. The first, a focus on a particular comic and featuring a series of essays, interviews, process pieces and an exclusive Strip Panel Naked column all focused around that comic. The 31st issue is a Webcomics Special, featuring essays on some of our favourite webcomics and creators.
The second half features regular articles, interviews, craft essays, a comic, and a series of comic recommendations from a range of comic-related voices.
This is a true celebration of the medium with every issue, looking at all the elements that make comics an interesting art form and great place to tell visual stories. This is a magazine that cares about comics.
Some of the Webcomics features:
- Interview with 's Ngozi Ukazu.
- An exclusive Strip Panel Naked article on visual storytelling
- Additional essays and articles on Dumbing of Age, O Human Star, Kid Radd, and the influences of webcomics.
For the regular features:
- A short comic.
- Final Thoughts on by Robert Secundus.
- artist Liana Kangas on her process, in Craft Corner.
- In Big Talk, 's Shawn Kittelson and Eric Zawadzki interview each other.
Of course, the usual bunch of recommendations from writers, artists, fans, critics and shops as to what they've been enjoying this month.
Available January 29th.