PanelxPanel #28 - Sentient
PanelxPanel is the Eisner Award-winning digital magazine celebrating the medium of comics. It’s edited by Strip Panel Naked host Hass Otsmane-Elhaou, and features a rotating set of writers ranging from critics to professionals, fans and comic stores.
Each issue has two halves across its 100+ ad-free pages. The first, a focus on a particular comic and featuring a series of essays, interviews, and process on that title. This issue covers TKO's Sentient, by Jeff Lemire, Gabriel Walta and Steve Wands.
The second half features regular articles, interviews, craft essays, a comic, and a series of comic recommendations from a range of comic-related voices.
This is a true celebration of the medium with every issue, looking at all the elements that make comics an interesting art form and great place to tell visual stories. This is a magazine that cares about comics.
Some of the Sentient features:
- In-depth interview with the team behind the comic
- Gabriel Walta's art process
- An exclusive Strip Panel Naked article on visual storytelling
- Additional essays and articles on isolation in space, parenthood and the unknown, the politics of space, and the future of AI.
For the regular features:
- Indie comics creator Ed Haynes writes about the ending of Giant Days for Final Thoughts.
- Comics creator and teacher Dan Berry on how he makes comics for Craft Corner.
- Hassan Otsmane-Elhaou in Solo, discussing Jonathan Hickman's Nightly News.
- Big Talk features Tiffany Babb's interview with Mad's Sergio Aragonés from SDCC.
Of course, the usual bunch of recommendations from writers, artists, fans, critics and shops as to what they've been enjoying this month.
Available October 30th.