PanelxPanel is the Eisner Award-winning digital magazine celebrating the medium of comics. It’s edited by Strip Panel Naked host Hass Otsmane-Elhaou, and features a rotating set of writers ranging from critics to professionals, fans and comic stores.
Each issue has two halves across its 100+ ad-free pages. The first, a focus on a particular comic and featuring a series of essays, interviews, and process on that title. This issue covers Image Comics' Pretty Deadly, by Kelly Sue DeConnick, Emma Rios, Jordie Bellaire and Clayton Cowles
The second half features regular articles, interviews, craft essays, a comic, and a series of comic recommendations from a range of comic-related voices.
This is a true celebration of the medium with every issue, looking at all the elements that make comics an interesting art form and great place to tell visual stories. This is a magazine that cares about comics.
Some of the Pretty Deadly features:
- In-depth interview with the team behind the comic
- Kelly Sue DeConnick on her writing process
- An exclusive Strip Panel Naked article on visual storytelling
- Additional essays and articles on costume design, life and death, and deeply American storytelling.
For the regular features:
- Critic Sean Dillon writes about Peter Cannon: Thunderbolt for Final Thoughts.
- Editor Ari Yarwood on the craft of her role.
- Aditya Bidikar turns his lettering lens on Tom Orzechowski.
- Big Talk features the Strayed creative team interviewing each other.
Of course, the usual bunch of recommendations from writers, artists, fans, critics and shops as to what they've been enjoying this month.
Available September 25th.
- Size102 MB
- Length110 pages